It's not just a donation, it's an investment in a child's future.
TAX INCENTIVES FOR 2020
2020 CARES ACT Enhanced Charitable Giving Incentives:
- Taxpayers who do not itemize their deductions can take a one-time deduction of up to $300 for gifts made to charitable organizations. The provision is intended only for the year 2020. The deduction is ONLY for gifts of cash made in calendar year 2020 and does not cover other types of gifts or contributions made to donor-advised funds or private foundations.
- Suspends the 60 percent adjusted gross income limitation for individuals’ charitable contributions for the year 2020. In a typical year, individuals can only take a charitable deduction of up to 60 percent of their adjusted gross income, no matter how much they give. For 2020, there is no limit, making cash contributions fully deductible.
ARIZONA CHARITABLE TAX CREDIT
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona (SOAZBIGS) is a Qualified Charitable Organization (QCO code 20461) for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. When you donate up to $800 when filing jointly or $400 filing single to SOAZBIGS, you can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit that reduces the amount you owe the State of Arizona and may increase your state tax refund! You can still give up to the maximum amount for each of the other available Arizona Tax Credits!
Donating pays dividends.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Children (Littles) with a Big Brother, Big Sister, Big Couple or school-based mentor show significant strides in their personal and academic lives. They are more confident in their schoolwork performance, they get along better with their families and they are 52% less likely to skip school.
Your support goes far.
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services in the Southern Arizona metro area, so we can develop more high school and college graduates, community leaders and entrepreneurs. Nearly 80% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting Matches between Littles and Bigs.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity in the BBB Wise Giving Alliance and a Platinum Level GuideStar participant, with demonstrated commitment to transparency. This means you can rest assured that we are using donations wisely.
Your financial support supports:
• Recruiting new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers.
• Covering the costs of background and driving record checks, while ensuring our trained professional case managers match Littles to responsible Bigs (volunteer mentors).
• Enabling ongoing professional supervision and relationship support for every Big and Little Match.
• Providing cultural and social activities to enrich opportunities for children.
• Providing community referral services to families and youth.
Your legacy can have an impact, too. A planned gift to Big Brothers Big Sisters ensures the continuation of our landmark mentoring programs and creates your own legacy of support. If you are considering making Big Brothers Big Sisters part of your trust, bequest or endowment, please contact Veronica Saiz at (520) 624-2447 ext. 119.